To narrow the scope of the project, I needed to choose an audience on which to focus.
I started with myself. One impetus for this project was that it was an attempt to solve a problem that affected me. I decided to focus on an audience of which I am a part: knowledge workers.
Broadly, this audience includes designers, engineers, students, writers, and other people who use computers and the Internet as an integral part of their job.
More specifically, I was looking for people with the following characteristics:
- Are likely to spend much of their day in front of a computer.
- Have readily available access to the Internet for most of the day.
- Feel distracted while they are working.
- Suffer or complain about information overload.
- Probably have smartphones.
Copyright © 2010 - 2011 Eric St. Onge
Please send questions or comments to eric at ericstonge dot com.